From Country Living
This recipe has been tested by Country Living
In China, citrus is given at the New Year as a sign of prosperity. In a champagne cocktail, sweet-tart oranges balance the flavors of the alcohol and other fruit.
Yields: 8 cocktailsTotal Time: 10 min
Prep Time: 10 min
- 3 seedless oranges, halved and juiced
- Peel of 1/2 orange, cut into 8 thin strips, for garnish
- 1/2 cup(s) red cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet vermouth (such as Carpano Antica)
- 1/4 cup(s) blended Scotch (such as Famous Grouse)
- 1 bottle(s) champagne or other dry sparkling wine (such as Domaine Saint Vincent Brut), chilled
- Transfer orange juice to a blender. Add cherries and blend until fruit is pureed. Strain juice into a pitcher. Stir in vermouth and Scotch.
- Divide cocktail mixture among 8 glasses and top off each with about 1/3 cup champagne. Garnish with orange peels.